uvex sports after-work rides
We ring in the end of the day with our ready to rise after-work ride in the uvex cycling Strava-Club. Every other Thursday (bi-weekly) we will ride a brisk 2 hour tour together in the region. Each ride begins at our headquarters at Würzburger Straße 154, 90766 Fürth. Route and distance of each ride vary. Wherever you ride - we ride together
Here is a selection of our products for racing cyclists
In our How-to you can also see how a bicycle helmet should be adjusted in order to fit well so that it also protects well:
Our after-work rides in the uvex cycling Strava-Club will take place every two weeks starting 21 April 2022. A uvex sports captain will always be accompany the group, provide the route and be available as a contact person at all times during the ride.
You can always find the planned route in the event description in the uvex cycling Strava-Club. As a rule, there is a different route for every ride, but it can also happen that popular routes are on the schedule more than once. If you have any ideas or specific wishes, please contact the uvex sports captain during the next tour.
A relaxed, athletic pace is planned for the uvex after-work rides. You can find an approximate pace in the event descriptions in the uvex cycling Strava Club. The actual pace will be determined by the group as a whole.
Join the uvex cycling Strava-Club and register for the uvex sports afterwork ride of your choice. Registration is non-binding, but as the number of participants is limited, we ask you to cancel your registration if you are unable to take part. This way you give others the opportunity to take your place.
You need a racing bike, a helmet and sports glasses. Are you missing something or do you fancy a new style? You're sure to find what you're looking for in our performance helmets and sports glasses. In addition to the equipment, you must also observe the „uvex cycling Club Etiquette“ and for optimum safety in the group know the most important hand signals for road cyclists.
During our rides photos are frequently taken and videos made that we use for our social media channels. We will ask you for your consent on-site. You will of course not be seen in the material if you object.
By following the ride etiquette for uvex sports After-Work Rides and observing important hand signals for road cyclists, we create the basis for safe rides in the group. Of course, despite taking the utmost precautions, something can always happen. In the event of an accident which causes damage to property and/or personal injury, we will of course help you immediately. Please be aware that the uvex sports After-Work Ride is a private event and uvex sports therefore accepts no liability.
Ride Etiquette for uvex sports After-Work Rides
Responsible behaviour in road traffic is the basis for our uvex sports After-Work Rides. That's why the uvex cycling club etiquette applies on all rides:
1. We all abide by the traffic rules! For example:
- We respect the right of way.
- We stop at stop signs.
Riding two abreast is often safer and is permitted under the Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO) if it does not obstruct traffic. Additional information can be found at https://www.adfc.de/artikel/stvo-novelle-in-kraft-getreten
2. We stay together in a group, for example:
- Our speed is determined by the group.
- We stop as a group at intersections and cross them together.
- We wait for each other after ascents and descents.
3. The rule is: we start together and arrive at the end of the ride together!
4. We look out for each other, among other things by:
- driving with foresight, especially when we are at the front of the group
- warning each other of obstacles using hand signals and calling out
- taking care of each other so that everyone enjoys the ride
- avoiding suddenly braking for no reason
5. Our Mission: #protectingpeople #whereverweride
6. We greet oncoming cyclists. A short hand signal is a matter of course for us.
Hand signals for road cyclists
Protecting people, wherever we ride. By becoming familiar with the most important hand signals, you'll be ready for the next uvex sports After-Work Ride:
- Caution: Hold your flat hand vertically upwards, e.g. at intersections and traffic lights.
- Turning: Right or left arm pointing to the side; in a group all riders should use this sign.
- Obstacles on the ground: Point to an obstacle with your finger and call out, e.g. potholes, branches, stones.
- Avoiding an obstacle (e.g. parked cars): Wave your right or left hand behind your back.